My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Monday, August 07, 2006

What a week!

Well, if you were wondering where I've been, I was in Colorado all last week! It was great! The weather was awesome, it only got above the 80's once, and it rained or showered at least once everyday. I miss Colorado weather! I was glad to get home to my babies though. I missed them so much, I broke down on Thursday, and couldn't wait to leave on Friday. Not that I didn't want to spend time saying goodbyes, I just was ready to get home to my girls.
The mission trip was great, too! On Thursday we went to a house and painted a stucco fence. The lady's name was Grace, and her 6 month old granddaughter was there too. Of course, I spent my time with the baby! She was so adorable. I got pics, and I'm going to try and post them, but it may take me a while to figure out how.
Wednesday night was the most amazing though. What started as another unfocused and uncontrolled night, turned into a time of praising and seeking God! All of the kids either came to Christ for the time, or made a recommittment to follow Him! I could definately see a change in their lives, but what I really want to happen is a life long change. Not just something that happens one night or one week and stops there. And I know it's not easy, but I pray that they begin to seek God more, and grow closer to Him.
So that's all I have for now!

2 comments:

sarah said...

so... do you think that will happen? or do you think that the youth will continue for a while to be content with a change that lasts until the next morning? observing the youth for the past several years... that seems to be the trend... and then listening to them on wednesday didnt really seem to make me think much more. not meaning to be negative.... i wish i could expect more... but i am wondering.. or maybe hoping their lives will become more real in a sense. there is a whole world out there that is going to knock them senseless.

Unknown said...

well, I believe it is very possible! I have faith in what God can do in their lives. As long as He is with them, they will make it! And you can make it too! My prayer for you is the same as my prayer for them. To grow closer to God, and to know Him more!