My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Friday, February 05, 2010

Love Much and Show Mercy - Give Someone a blanket

Luke 7:47-48
"For this reason I say to you, her sins, which are many, have been forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little." Then he said to her, "Your sins have been forgiven."

James 2:13
For judgement is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy. mercy triumphs over judgement.


When wronged or hurt is is so easy to cast judgement. God showed me the other day that I am to love much. Because of the forgiveness I have been shown, my attitude should be to share that.

I should love much, not just God, but everyone - Love your neighbor as yourself (Not sure who your neighbor is?) - Luke 10:25-37.

How do I show this love? Readh 1 Cor 13 - Love takes no account of wrongs suffered. Talk about hard. The hardest part of forgiving is forgetting. I've heard it said (and maybe even from my own mouth), "I can forgive, but I will never forget!"

Showing mercy and forgiving is difficult, espescially when the pain is deep. But haven't I been forgiven of my many sins? And how deep is the pain I have caused my Heavenly Father? But His love is deeper and wider - Philippians 1:9-11. I must have full knowledge and understanding of His love, I desperately need it!

The more I understand this love, the more I want to share it. Like sharing a blanket with my family, or giving a blanket to someone in need, or wrapping up a precious baby for protection.

What good is a blanket that never gets used or shared?

No comments: