My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Day 1

How do you start these things? I feel like I'm trying to write a story. Once upon a time....Long, long ago...THE END! And that's my day. So far anyways. You'd think I would have lots to say, at least about my kids, right? Not really. Alyvia is asleep, and Caeli is watching cartoons. I guess I will talk about the mission trip. I did the lesson last night at youth. I've been wanting to do one for a while now, but just couldn't get up the nerve. So, I talked about how to be prepared (spiritually) for the mission trip. I think the kids got most of it, I hope so anyways. I really want to see them strengthen their relationships with God. I can see the potential that they have, and I want to see that potential being used! I know they are nervous about this trip, I mean, I'm nervous, so I'm sure they are 10x's more nervous. Is it going to be hot, cold, rainy, dry? What exactly are we going to be doing, and am I, as a leader, prepared? If I'm not prepared, how can I expect the kids to be?

Lord, watch over us as we travel. Give us courage to do Your work, and as the youth minister to others, I pray that they are ministered to. And when it is time to leave and come back to the life we know, that it won't be the same as it was before, but that everyone will have an experience that changes lives and brings us closer to You! Amen!

Okay, well that is all I have to say for now.

No comments: