My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Another summer camp

Next week we are leaving for Tyler, TX. I'm starting to get excited, not really because we are taking the youth group to camp, but I get a whole week without kids (well my kids anyways). I feel a little selfish about my reasons for going to camp this year. I just want to get away from the mundane of my life here lately and just have fun and enjoy being around young people. I want to play basketball till my arms fall off, because I usually don't get to play all I want because of my girls. I am a little stressed though. Even though I want to go and have fun, I am a leader, and therefore I have to act like one too. Which means I have to be an example for the young girls, and keep my attitude in check and make sure everyone is following the guidelines set for us. I think I'm pysching myself up for some kind of confrontation, I just don't want to deal with it. But anyways, I am praying that each person that goes receives something from God. Ah, "summer camp" highs! If only they would last.

No comments: