My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Lord is My Shepherd

Psalm 23

A Psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD
Forever.

I love verse 1. There are so many things I want. I constantly find myself in a state of wanting. I want a bigger house, a second car, more money. But I forget that God promises me that He will always provide for me, all that I need, not want.

So, if all that I need is provided, why do I seem so dissatisfied? In church today we looked at Gal 6:5.

5 For each one shall bear his own load.

This is the life that God has ordained for me, and I want nothing more than to change it. I live in either my past or the future, and never in the moment. I keep looking for the day when this is all over and I can rest. Why do I have to wait for the future to rest? God says that His yoke is easy and His burden is light, but when you are struggling against it, you get worn out. It seems that everyday I am learning more and more how I struggle against God's will for me. Desiring what He has not promised me, and wanting more than He has provided.

Lord, I make this my prayer today. Help me to stop struggling against You, against Your will for me. Help me to live now instead of waiting for the future to live. I give my life now, if I wait till things are better, when I have more money and more time, then I have thrown away the precious life God has given me today. I live for You today, Lord.

No comments: