My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Being in the Light

Love, it is an intoxicating thing, as John always says! :) When you feel love from others and towards others it effects your mind, your heart, your whole being. I can truely say that I have felt the intoxicating love of my Creator. It has been amazing. I look back over the past few months, and I see the hand of God reaching out to me, to take me by my hand. Like a prince w/ his princess, to rescue her. How many times I refused His hand, only find that I would fall in the mud or become swarmed by my enemies. When all He wanted was to rescue me. Lord, be my refuge, I want to run to You, and hide away in You, in the center of Your salvation.

So, this love that I feel needs a place a go. It is overwhelming. Because of my hardened heart, I did not know how to show love towards others. If my friends betrayed me, I cut them off. If people hurt me, I cursed them. My words were my weapon, and I have killed so many with them. 1 John 2 speaks of love as being in the light. It says that if you hate your brother, you are not in the light, if you love the world you are not in the light. I had been living such a backwards life. I lusted after things of this world, and hated my brothers. I was in complete darkness. Praise You Lord for shining Your light on me! I want to be in the light as You are in the light! So, how do I do that? I must love!

James 3 talks of the tounge being an evil that cannot be tamed. But verse 4 says this:
Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go.

This stuck out to me more than anything. With my tounge I praise and curse, but how do I tame my tounge so that all that comes out is what God wants. It comes back to who is piloting my ship. Am I the pilot, with a deceitful heart? Or have I truely given this vessel over to the Lord so that He may put a bridel on my tounge and cause it speak His words of love?

Lord my heart is Yours. I want to surrender control of my life, and trust You. I believe that You love me. That You are Love, and that You have loved me from the beginning. I want to show Your love to others. To walk in love so that I may continue to walk in Your light. I want Your praise to be continually on my lips. With my words I want to bring life, not death.

Proverbs 18:21
21 The tongue has the power of life and death,
and those who love it will eat its fruit.

2 comments:

John said...

Love is an intoxicating thing is my line but it was wonderful. so ill let you have it:)

wiffleball_legend said...

I love you. Let His Word be a lamp to your feet and a light to your path. Look to Him for instructin and guidance. Submit to Him, and resist the devil.

I love you