My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Monday, June 22, 2009

Worship Me

"Lord, I want to worship you."
Worship Me.
"There are too many distractions."
Worship Me.
"This song is just too fast."
Worship Me.
"That lady on stage, is she really worshipping, or is it an act?"
Worship Me.
"I can't worship You, the mood is not right, my mind is not focused, and I have too many things keeping me from You."
Worship Me.
Gen 22:4-6
4On the third day Abraham raised his eyes and saw the place from a distance.
5Abraham said to his young men, "Stay here with the donkey, and I and the lad will go over there; and we will worship and return to you."
6Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and
laid it on Isaac his son, and he took in his hand the fire and the knife. So the two of them walked on together.

"Again, Lord? Why do You keep bringing me back to this? What am I missing?"

This word "worship" means to bow down, it also means obeisance.
obeisance- Noun 1. obeisance - bending the head or body or knee as a sign of reverence or submission or shame or greeting; 2. obeisance - the act of obeying; dutiful or submissive behavior with respect to another person.

I want to worship You. Forgive me for not being obediant in worship, for allowing the distractions, for making excuses. True worshippers, worshipping in spirit and in truth. I want to worship You in truth, and in spirit, even when my flesh is weak and would rather make excuses for disobediance.

Worship Me.

Romans 12:1-2 1
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

2 comments:

Catrina Bradley said...

I'm so glad I stumbled across your most awesome blog. Because you have blessed me in the short time I've been reading, I'm passing on a blessing to you -

Come see!!
http://catrinabradley.blogspot.com/2009/06/honest-scrap.html

Peter Stone said...

Thanks for the wonderful message to focus our eyes upon God and worship Him, rather than letting life's annoyances get in the way.

God bless :)