My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Broken Keys

If You Want Me To
Ginny Owens




The pathway is broken
And The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If You want me to

Chorus:
Cause I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire
If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone

ya oh oh no

So When the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I will go through the valley If You want me to

Sometimes I feel like the piano in that picture. Broken, beyond repair, and that I can't be used any more. I feel like I'm in a valley, and I'm low and unreachable. But God reminds me that He is always with me. No it may not be comfortable or fun or a mountain top experience, but like the Hebrews roaming around in the wilderness, God provides for me all that I need, and there may even be a river at the bottom of the valley, where I can be refreshed and renewed.

No comments: