My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Free Gift

2 Corinthians 3:17-18
17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

I feel that a veil has been removed in my life, in regards to the freedom that Christ offers.

I grew up thinking that forgiveness was not something given, but something earned. At some point I began applying this to my relationship with God.
Even though...

Romans 6:22-23
22But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Within the last couple months, God has been showing me over and over again that I cannot earn forgiveness. My works will not make righteous nor keep me on a path of righteousness. By thinking this way, I am negating the power of God in my life, and rejecting His grace.

The work that God has been doing on my heart.
It is much like...

Isaiah 61:1-3
1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,

2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,

3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

I was recently asked why I worship God, am I Lemming, or is there really purpose to my worship. I worship because of the freedom that Christ has bestowed on me. I worship because of the love that God has shown me. I worship because of the free gift of eternal life in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

wiffleball_legend said...

I love hearing how God is molding you. You are beautiful.