My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What I Am Reading: Dangerous Journey

This summer I went to a homeschool book fair with a friend of mine.  Talk about book overload!  It was amazing!  I. Love. Books!
I picked up a children's version of Pilgrim's Progress, called Dangerous Journey.  I knew that we would be going through it this year, but I didn't realize how much I would enjoy it, and my children too!
Simply put, it is a story of a dream of the christian journey.  It has opened the door for some deep conversations about destruction, salvation, and the journey to The Celestial City.  
 Yesterday, my 5 year old exclaimed out the blue,
"I love that book you're reading to us." 
While my older child seems bored with it, I know that she is at least thinking about things, and that makes my heart glad.  My prayer is that God will use this to soften and mold her heart, to place in her a desire to run the race. 

No comments: