My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Monday, January 12, 2009

Deep

Psalms 42:7-8

Deep calls to deep at the sound of Your waterfalls;
All Your breakers and Your waves have rolled over me.
By day the LORD directs his love,
at night his song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life.

Okay another one of my favorites. I stood in the kitchen today waiting for my grilled cheese sandwich to cook. Talking out loud to myself cause there is noone here today except for me. Then my talking turned to God. Praying to Him that I would no longer pray as a person worrying about the things of this world. Being reminded by Him that Jesus told us we should pray a simple prayer, acknowledging that God knows our needs before we even ask them.

Our conversation (strange as you may think it sounds), trailed to other things, who His word says He is, who the world thinks He is, who Christians think He is. And how do I see Him? Much like Peter and Jesus, ..."but who do you say that I am?" Many times God has been an unseeble spirit beyond my grasp, and unreachable by my prayers.

But as I stood in my kitchen, by now the sandwich is done and I was no longer waiting, I could feel His spirit, connecting with my spirit. Like rivers and oceans, lakes and streams, all connecting. There is nowhere that I can go, that I am too far for Him to speak to me, to reach me, to save me. There are times that my spirit inside of me, cries out. Much like Romans 8:26 &27.

In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;
and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.


God I thank You for Your Holy Spirit that fills me and reveals to me the things hidden in You.

No comments: