My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Monday, January 12, 2009

Seeking: The Marvelous Mystery

Well, here is a continuation of the last blog:

Partial lyrics from
Revelation Song

I’m filled with wonder awestruck wonder
At the mention of Your name
Jesus, Your name is power breath and Living Water
Such a marvelous mystery

Sunday at church we sang this song, and it hit me as we were singing this verse, that once again, God is a mystery to sought after.

So, here I am again poring over the meaning of this. Everything that Jesus is; life, breath, a mystery. I wrote a blog last year about how I wanted to be sought after, and how God had been persuing me. Here I am today realizing there is even more to it than that. God wants us to persue Him. Like playing hide and seek, only He hides in plain sight, because His goal is to not remain hidden, but for us to come to Him, to find Him, and stay with Him. But I think sometimes we stop searching Him out. We forget there are even more mysteries that He wants to share with us. Maybe we think we have learned all there is to know. But the depths of God are unfathomable.

God I want to continue seeking you. Thank you for persuing me, but I want to run after You. To find You anew everyday. I don't want to be content with where I am, but to go deeper into You, to continue chasing after Your marvelous mysteries.

No comments: