My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Monday, June 23, 2008

Desire

I don't know if I'll ever get around to writing about this "Great Romance." According to some (ahem, John) I need to read a few more books first! :) But I know that God is doing something in me right now, and it feels so much like a love song being whispered directly to my heart. Oh man that sounds so sappy!
Sunday morning worship we sang "Let it Rain", with a repative chorus of "let it rain, let it rain, open the floodgates of heaven, let it rain." I thought to myself, what am I wanting to rain down on me? Fire? Water? Grace, mercy, love? The list is continuous. But what I heard in heart, was God saying it didn't matter in what form He was raining in my life, my desire should be like a person in the desert. Thankful for the rain. To stand in it and be completely soaked in it.
My desire has not been for God. I have selfishly desired my own happiness, my satisfaction, my comfort. At the expense of a relationship with the only One who can provide all my needs.
God's desire is for me. From the very beginning He chose me. He has pursued me. He longs to rescue me. He is wooing me. He continues to protect me. And He lavishes on me, beauty. Beauty, not in terms that this world can understand, but through His grace and His mercy. He looks on me with love and He sees who He created me to be. A creation taking form.
Why do I stubbornly reject this idea? Maybe I do not feel that I am worthy of such a love? Maybe I hit my head and I've forgotten...

1 comment:

UntouchableGreen said...

I like the Whispered Love Song part. It may be corny, but that's you right ;)
That's just what Kevin said on Sunday. God speaks to us in whispers, and you are so (and I don't like using this word, cuz it sounds like a standard "churchy" thing to say)'blessed' to recognize it. Man, that makes me so excited for you!!!

-Lyndsey