My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Blah, Blah, Blah...

James 1:19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, James 1:26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.

Wow! Talk about convicting! How many times do we allow our actions, because we are angry, to get out of control. Or when we are angry, we do not control our tongues! Just think of the last time you were on the phone with customer service!
James goes on in chapter 2 to say that while we are saved by faith, our actions are a result of that faith. So if our tongues are flames setting the whole forest ablaze, what does that say about our faith? What are we demonstrating to the world? Is our faith truly in Jesus or in our circumstances?

It’s amazing how powerful that tiny muscle is! Proverbs even says, that life and death are in the power of the tongue. I think it stands to reason that a demonstration of our faith, life in Christ Jesus, should come through our words.

Lord forgive me for not being slow to speak. Forgive the hurtful words I have said. I ask for the Holy Spirit to help me in this weakness, that my faith would be evident!

No comments: