My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Monday, March 14, 2011

Sunday Lent

Praise God for Sunday! I felt guilty that I was so excited to be free to drink caffeine, but I have been battling sinuses and then the time changed! I knew Sunday would be challenge. But, Praise God for Sunday.

For those unaccustomed to Lent, Sundays are celebration days, as one devotional called it, mini-Easter, and therefore you do not fast or abstain on Sunday. Praise God for Sundays!

As I was laying in bed on Saturday night thinking about all the caffeine I was gonna drink on Sunday, I felt guilty. Should I be rejoicing so much in this freedom?

The sacrifice makes the freedom sweeter! When we understand the sacrifice that Jesus made for us, it should cause us to cherish the freedom we now have because of Him. I think my joy in being free, and my celebration is a meager example of how we should rejoice because of our freedom in Christ! Because He died and was resurrected, He defeated sin and death! What joy we should have in that knowledge!

Sunday was a great “mini” celebration of the victory that Jesus has won, and given to us who believe.
BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: