My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Monday, March 07, 2011

In the light

Ephesians 5:13-14But when anything is exposed by the light, it becomes visible, for anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, "Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you."

I love this verse! One of my favorite types of contrast is dark and light, and I think this verse is a great example of that. In the darkness things remain cloaked, hidden. But in the light they are exposed. But this passage goes a little farther, and says that those things that become visible are light! I've been meditating on this for a few weeks now, and today I read a passage from C. S. Lewis' Mere Christianity.

"...Just as the roof of a greenhouse does not attract the sun because it is light, but becomes bright because the sun shines on it."

God is moving me to areas where my life will be exposed. This scares me. I am a flawed person, and knowing that being in the light and being a light will most likely reveal those flaws, I want to just stay hidden.

But God wants us to come to Him, to be in His light, to reflect His light. He is not drawn to us because we have no flaws, but because He loves us, and wants to heal us, to make us like Him.

Lord, I love Your light! I love that it reveals my flaws, my sins. Knowing and seeing my sins in Your light brings truth, and truth, Your truth, sets me free. Your truth saves me.

Psalm 36:9For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light.
BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: