My Verse

Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Isreal, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!"

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Christy Nockels - Healing is in Your hands

How high, how wide
No matter where I am, healing is in Your hands
How deep, How strong,
And now by Your grace I stand, healing is in Your hands



I love that God uses the lessons that I teach in Elementary Kids, on Sunday, to teach me. I am blessed by this opportunity to serve, and humbled by what God shows me. We learned about God being “understanding”. Not an intellectual, but a compassionate, caring God.

Psalm 103:9-14

He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger forever. He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us. As a father shows compassion to his children, so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him. For he knows our frame;heremembers that we are dust.

I got to demonstrate to the kids how because of Adam and Eve, we are separated from God, that we are sinful, and cannot come to Him. But that He draws us, because He is “understanding”.

Hosea 11:4

I led them with cords of kindness, with the bands of love, and I became to them as one who eases the yoke on their jaws, andI bent down to them and fed them.

He draws us to Him because He is a loving and kind God, and does not exact on us the punishment we deserve. Instead, He heals us from the wounds of our own sin. He lifts the burdens that weigh us down, and feeds us with the Bread of Life, His son Jesus.

Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

1 comment:

wiffleball_legend said...

I enjoy serving with you and seeing God work through you.